Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Legend of Zelda

Ok, I am 30 years old and getting closer to 31 every day, but I just beat the latest Legend of Zelda game on the Wii, The Skyward Sword. I think I like it even better than The Orcarina of Time on the 64. One thing about it is that you don't even get a glips of Gannon until the last battle of the game. I almost thought I had it in the bag without facing him. My kids even like it. When I get home from work they say, "Hi daddy! do you want to play Legend of Zelda?" Then I look at Sam and see if I will get a beating for accomodating my children. I do get flak for getting them addicted to video games and I always come back with the old "look at my impecable hand-eye coordination and astonishing problem solving and finding skills."

6 comments:

  1. Don't forget about your knowledge of the endangered Fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, not really any endangered faries in this one. Probably a good thing as they tended to make them look pretty whorish and that would sour Sam on the game really quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure the fairies look whorish but at least you know there is no funny business going on. In Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, I like how you approach a woman on the street and she invites you in to be healed. You both go inside (no screen change, just a shot of the house), health bar fills, and you exit a healthier man, she exits a few seconds after you. What is going on there?! And getting magic? Link really is unscrupulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still trying to finish Metroid Prime: Corruption on Wii so I can move on to Zelda: Twilight Princess. But I don't get much playing in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I borrowed Twilight Princess from a friend and got about 1/2 way, or so, through it when Sam walked in on a whore fairy giving me magic and that was the end of that game. Not worth the marriage to fight about a video game.

      Delete
  5. I'd rather not picture Link getting some magic from the old ladies lol... I guess Link is a lot more of a player than we thought!

    ReplyDelete