Friday, February 3, 2012

Statistics of Opinion-MBM#1 Survey Results

With all respondents to the survey checked in I thought I would share the stats. I hope you weren't expecting anonymity...using my heightened sense of deduction I figured out who voted for what and matched these masked thugs, exposing them to the justice entitled them.

1. Rate the songs
I'll list the top three and bottom three. Of course, these were all over the map but thanks to the survey tools it gives them a numerical point ranking.

Highest Rating
1. Book T: Exodus by the Secret Chiefs 3 - 4.25 stars
2. Raccoon Eyes by Priestess - 3.75 stars
3. Back In Judy's Jungle by Brian Eno - 3.75 stars

Lowest Rating
20. Mysterium by Liturgy - 1.75 stars
19. Grohnal Pod Edin Dub by Svarrogh - 2 stars
18. Gelly Roll Gum Drop by Sic Alps - 2 stars

3&4. Favorite and Most Disliked
I'll just put each person's pick and their explanation.
Favorite
Neal - Vintage Clothes by Paul McCartney
Just can't stop singing it in my head. Good, catchy lyrics. Cool guitar tricks.
Reid - In Service of Time by Abysmal Dawn
Lyrics about the unstoppable power of time are epic. Musically tight, heavy, and over-all, COLOSSAL!
Joel - Book T: Exodus by Secret Chiefs 3
It was weird, but it didn't sound like it crawled out of a hole. Good thinking music.
Pierce - Agony Of The Damned by Toxic Holocaust
Because it's awesome!
Most Disliked
Neal - Mysterium by Liturgy
It went from the build up start to the end that never finished. There is no middle. Is the growling lyrics?
Reid - Winter Winds by Amber Asylum
Of course, I like all the songs I chose for this mix, it's just this one is my least favorite. I threw it in there mainly for something different.
Joel - Grohnal Pod Edin Dub by Svarrogh
It sounds like goblin rock. Seriously, if Lord of the Rings had a rock soundtrack, this would be when the goblins attack in Moria. Only slightly more annoying than Coltrane's elevator music. Gun in mouth!
Pierce - Mysterium by Liturgy
C'mon, you call that music?!?
5. Race
Only one white person, the rest like walkabouts.

6. Age
Pretty sure everybody got that right.

7. Future Git'n
Three people were going to get new jeans and a drink of water soon.
Two were going to get a haircut and get the new Mars Volta CD
Only one person was going to get an old beat-up car, a life, and/or arrested.

8. Thanked?
Only one person didn't feel thanked. Ungrateful bastard! After all I went through to make this a pleasurable experience and this all I get in return! Here is a suggestion that I hear a lot nowadays...GO DIE IN A FIRE!!!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks, Neal, for uncovering the haters! Great survey. Prepare to have your "Spring Mix" consumed, digested, and released from the bowels of our twisted minds!

    P.S. Forgive them, Coltrane, for they know not what they say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That McCartney song surprised me when I heard it. I didn't think the old man still had it in him, but that album has loads of top-notch pop songs.

      Figured I could get a few catches with Secret Chiefs and Toxic Holocaust.

      A strange thing to consider while making a mix: are you making it for yourself, or someone else?

      Delete
    2. And also, Joel's description of Svarrogh's track describes exactly what I imagine when I listen to most black and death metal.

      Just picture it, an Orc in the studio, in front of a microphone with some headphones on. It does a take, and throws a fit because it's all wrong, blames the producer, and storms out!

      Delete
    3. He not only blames the producer but also eats his intestines

      Delete
    4. Wait a minute! Are you guys talking about orcs or goblins? There is a huge difference! (Arranges pewter, die-cast dungeons and dragons figurines)

      Delete
    5. Reid said: A strange thing to consider while making a mix: are you making it for yourself, or someone else?

      A strange thing to consider is if you are schizophrenic then you are making it for yourself and somebody else.

      Delete
  2. Not that I'm judging a book by it's cover, but maybe I should be glad I couldn't find that Svarrogh song on YouTube lol... I think it would be interesting once we've all had our turns doing the mix CD to do a "greatest hits" one at the end of the year based on the surveys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the Survey Master continues to do similar surveys, we could at least come up with lists for "greatest hits" and the "hate parade" for the worst.

      Delete